Best Free Resources to Prepare for the ACT and SAT
A list of the top free resources to help you succeed as your prepare to take these standardized tests and apply to college.
Posted October 5, 2023
Studying for the ACT and SAT can be a difficult and time-intensive process. Luckily, there are many free resources online for taking practice tests, learning about question styles, and more. Here, we have compiled all of the top free resources for both the SAT and ACT to give you an advantage as you study and prepare to take the exams.
- ACT Official Online Practice Test - Official ACT practice tests in all 4 subject areas
- ACT Free Prep - Includes a half-length practice test, ACT Pop Quiz, and ACT Question of the Day
- Princeton Review ACT Practice Test Online - Includes a full-length, free practice online ACT test
- Varsity Tutors Free ACT Diagnostic and Practice Tests - Contains hundreds of practice tests that can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Kaplan Free SAT Test - Free, full-length practice test
- Peterson’s Free Practice Test for the ACT - Sample questions to test where you need to focus
- Number 2 Act Question of the Day - New questions published every day
- 4 tests Free ACT Exam - Four full, comprehensive practice tests
- Magoosh Math Practice Questions and Solutions - Questions on the three main areas of the ACT Math section: Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry
- Magoosh Free ACT Practice Test With Answers and Explanations - A free, full-length ACT sample test with a downloadable PDF version
- Union Test Prep Free Practice Tests for the ACT - Prep test for all sections of the ACT
- ACT Practice Test 2022 Clanelite - Free application with modules, custom tests, and more. Download it on the App Store or Google Play
- Erik the Red SAT and ACT Math Practice - A lot of practice problems in different formats for the math section of the ACT
- Test Guides Free ACT Practice Tests - Offers more than 18 free practice tests to choose from, divided into the four major units of the ACT
- Prepfactory - A website that offers free, unlimited access to video lectures, full-length practice tests, interactive content, gamification elements, and more
- Efficient Learning ACT Online Question Bank - Access this question bank by signing up for a free account
- McGraw-Hill's 10 ACT Practice Tests - Free PDF with ten simulated ACT practice tests
- Leland’s Free Slack Community - Meet and network with hundreds of other students who are also taking the ACT and SAT
- Test Prep Guide 2021-2022 - Information on ACT test dates, fee waivers, and test prep in order to succeed on the day of the test
- Princeton Review ACT Prep Free Trial - Sign up for a 14-day free trial for access to video lessons, drills, and test-taking tips from experts
- Kaplan ACT Prep Free Live Online Class - Reviews key strategies for answering questions based on the different question types
- Peterson’s Test Prep App - Download this app in the App Store to study on-the-go
- Number 2 100 Most Common ACT Word List - Most commonly used ACT words on the vocabulary section of the exam
- The Critical Reader SAT and ACT Reading Prep Resources - Resources to help you prepare for the reading portion of the ACT
- Union Test Prep Free Flashcards for the ACT - Flashcards to be used in tandem with their free practice tests
- SuperTutorTV YouTube Channel - A collection of videos on test tips and strategies for auditory and visual learners
- ACT Game Plan: How to Master Every Section and Concept - An expert guide from Leland ACT tutor, Bryce R.
- SAT Practice on Khan Academy - Official SAT Practice from CollegeBoard, the SAT test maker
- Khan Academy Online and Paper SAT Practice - Comprehensive practice tests available in both online and downloadable versions
- Test Prep Review Practice Test - SAT practice test
- Test Prep Review Writing Practice Test - Practice for the writing portion of the SAT exam
- Test Prep Review Reading Practice Test - Practice for the reading portion of the SAT exam
- Test Prep Review Math Practice Test - Practice for the math portion of the SAT exam
- Princeton Review SAT Practice Test Online - Includes a full-length free practice SAT, after which you will receive a comprehensive report with your strengths and weaknesses
- Kaplan’s SAT On-Demand Practice Test - A realistic practice test for the SAT
- Magoosh Free SAT Practice Test with Answers and Explanations (PDF) - Contains 154 questions with an answer key
- Veritas Prep Free Online SAT Practice Test - Includes over 150 questions with detailed solutions to each problem.
- College Board’s Paper SAT Practice Tests - Free, downloadable practice tests released by the writers of the test
- McGraw-Hill Prep Center - Five practice tests
- Test Prep Practice SAT Tutorials and Practice Tests - Tutorials and practice tests for individual sections of the exam
- Varsity Tutors Free SAT Diagnostic and Practice Tests - Contains hundreds of practice tests that can help you identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Erik the Red SAT and ACT Math Practice - Practice tests and problems for the math portion of the SAT
- Princeton Review SAT Prep Free Trial - Offers a 14-day free trial for their Self-Paced Plus program to prepare for the SAT
- Kaplan’s SAT Question A Day - Offers a question of the day
- Kaplan's 20-Minute Workout for the SAT - 20-minute daily workouts of necessary SAT skills
- Powerscore’s SAT Free Help Area - Free articles, prep materials, and tips on acing the SAT
- Magoosh Your Complete, Free SAT Study Guide (eBook) - A free eBook with all the information you need to know about the SAT
- The Critical Reader SAT and ACT Reading Prep Resources - Resources for the reading portion of the SAT exam
- Varsity Tutors Free SAT Prep Book - A free eBook to learn more about the SAT
- Magoosh SAT Flashcards - Download this app in the App Store and Play Store so you can practice your SAT vocabulary on-the-go
- Crossword Solver's 100-Word Vocabulary List - The 100 most important words to know for the reading and writing sections
- SAT Game Plan: How to Master Every Concept - An expert guide written by Bryce R., an SAT prep tutor
We hope you found these resources useful as you prepare the take the SAT/ACT and apply to college. Here are other articles to get you started on your undergraduate journey:
- The ACT vs. SAT: Which to Take and How to Ace Both
- SAT Game Plan: How to Master Every Concept
- Top 10 Colleges in the US
- How to Write a College Application Resume
Here at Leland, we provide you with the content, community, and coaching that you need to get into your dream school. Sign up today to gain access to additional free resources, community events, small group classes, world-class coaching, and more.
April 14, 2023
How to Break the Cycle of Performance Anxiety
Everyone has experienced anxiety. Often, it comes on the verge of important events: job interviews, art shows, performance evaluations, etc. Here is how to break the cycle of anxiety to present your best self.
October 19, 2023
Top 50+ Free Resources for GMAT & GRE Practice
We know that applying to top MBA programs is time-consuming and expensive! When you join Leland, you get an army of support, and that includes free resources like this one.
February 3, 2023
20+ Free Product Management Resources
Interested in a PM role? Here are more than 20 free resources to get you started with prep for interviews, frameworks, road-mapping, and more.
April 13, 2023
Top 30+ Free Resources for the LSAT
Looking to prepare for the LSAT without breaking the bank? Here's our comprehensive guide to the best free resources, including practice tests, study materials, and test-taking strategies. Reach your target score today!
June 5, 2023
37 Free Resources to Break Into Investment Banking
The best resources to help you get into investment banking, including resume tips, interview questions, skills training, and more.
August 29, 2023
SAT Game Plan: How to Master Every Concept
Overwhelmed by the SAT? Need a strategic, straightforward study plan that gives you actual results? Bryce R, a test prep coach who has helped over 100 students, provides his insight and master plan to tackle every concept on the SAT.
July 11, 2023
The Best 50+ Free Resources for the MCAT
Studying and taking the MCAT is not only a time-intensive ordeal but an expensive one as well. So, we've compiled 50 of the best free MCAT resources out there, from study plans to practice tests, and more.
October 5, 2023
The ACT vs. SAT: Which to Take and How to Ace Both
A comparison of the ACT and SAT including the different sections, time allocations, and difficulty levels, and more.
October 30, 2023
ACT Game Plan: How to Master Every Section and Concept
Overwhelmed by the ACT? Need an organized, straightforward study plan that gives you real results? Bryce R, a test prep coach who has helped over 100 students, provides his insight and master plan to tackle every concept on the 4 sections of the ACT.